Driving, Brexit and the Law

The number plate laws in the UK have changed a lot since before we even left Europe. Now, there are some new guidelines to follow plus one major exception for COVID plates that were fashionable when they first came out but not anymore because people don’t care about being green or saving energy so much these days- strange really considering how much it used cost just last year!

The topic can be confusing at best – do you need an EU license if your car is registered somewhere else? What does Brexit mean on my registration paperwork going forward? Lastly which type of vehicle needs more fuel efficiency standards than others.

Driving in a green-listed country is more than just following the rules, it’s about understanding and complying with local laws. Want to learn more? Why not visit national numbers blog post here.

In case you’re anticipating driving anywhere across The Balearic Islands for instance (which can mean anyplace from Ibiza to Mallorca Menoroa Formentera), then at that point what are your anticipated circumstances? You’ll need Spanish law compliance as well as an engine protection endorsement license or permit held by someone over 18 years old who has also passed their UK driver test!

Is my UK Driving License Still Valid in the EU after Brexit?

It depends on whether or not you have a card form with your photograph on it. If this is so, then yes-you’re driving permit will continue to be valid inside of Europe even though Britain has left and all member states except Ireland require an International Drivers Permit (IDP) from applicants applying for one who reside outside their country/state they’re licensed within already unless exempt due criteria such as holding another nationality which might let them obtain citizenship automatically without needing any paperwork filed directly at some point once residency permits become effective). The cost varies depending upon how long ago someone last renewed but ranges between £4.

Do I Need a GB Sticker to Drive in the EU?

This is one we get asked a ton at National Numbers, since we’re number plate specialists. You can buy vehicle plates with an image of Europe on them before Brexit occurred but if your car has an EU registration symbol from after March 2019 when Britain leaves- you’ll need another sticker specific for Great Britain so that customs know where they should focus during checks ahead of driving across borders into other European countries like Spain or Cyprus etcetera.